I think I’ve put my finger on what it is that I love so much about being in our little unfinished home. I feel like I’m playing house with a real house, real babies and a real daddy – which means I’m a real mamma! That may not be the only thing I love about it but I think it certainly contributes to the feeling of satisfaction I have there. It’s mine, all of it. It may not be finished but it’s mine. Everyone that knows me knows that all I’ve ever wanted was to be a wife and mother and here I am living the dream. I’ve had other things on the list that I’ve wanted to do over the years including:
- Assassin (you think I’m joking) (I am not) (and I know where you live) (and I don’t know how to use parentheses) (that didn’t mean anything) (did it?)
- Private Investigator
- Landscaper (fancy way to say mow the yard)
- Sidney Bristow of Alias fame
- Painter (what I thought a makeup artist was when I was 5)
- Cart Pusher (sounded easy)
- Lottery winner
- Bank Robber
- Getaway Car Driver
But always, always wife and mother was at the top of the list. A few of those things are still on the list of things to do…I’ll let you figure out which ones…but the two most important ones to me have already happened. Moving into and living in our little home just puts the cap on it for me. It’s like a peaceful bubble that shuts out the rest of the world when we’re there.
Now if the lottery games would just cooperate maybe we could finish the house!